Author Topic: My 81 Kammback  (Read 2620 times)

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
My 81 Kammback
« on: November 17, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »
This morning I adjusted the carburetor, 1 and a half turns on the barrels. It idled at this time and starts easy. Drove a few places. Got home and vacuumed out junk and glass in floor. Found more rust areas that ill need to addressed. Started on a removable light bar that fits on the roof rack. Think I'll buy some Rustoleum paint and spray some of my rust holes I'm finding. Better than nothing right? Need to get the passenger door glass replaced. After that the windshield needs to be resealed. Hope to find window trim for it before that so I  can call that part done.
Again will try and get pictures along the way.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:53:24 PM by SpreadEagle »

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
Re: My 81 Kammback
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 04:53:46 PM »
  Today I drove the car to church and back home. Then took it to work. I had a co worker ask calling my name and came over and confirm I owned the can and wants to take a ride. He's in the local AMC club and owns an older Cherokee.. Love my Eagle more every day. Just the attention is great. and I seem to be getting good mileage out of it. So fix window and  patch the holes in body until I can afford to fix the metal correctly.

Offline priya

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 125
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 05:02:14 PM »
Think I'll buy some Rustoleum paint and spray some of my rust holes I'm finding. Better than nothing right?

Sure is.  Helps keep things from getting worse until you've got the time to do a full repair.  I'm always surprised when people buy a car to restore and then can't be bothered to put a little rust paint on it until they get around to the restoration.

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 05:22:39 PM »
Well I'm at work now and temporarily detained.. Took the car for a spin on break and it died.. I'm blaming electrical either Battery or alternator.. Most likely battery, when I adjusted the Carburetor I had it on the charger and it gave an error saying bad battery but later charged without issue. Glad I have access to cables and roadside assistance.

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »
Well ran into more of same issue. But seems less electrical starter fluid gets it to fire but wouldn't stay running.  Since the carburetor was adjusted before at about 1.5 turns out I pulled the fuel filter and a crank showed fuel pump working.  Connect the line and not running.  Waiting maybe 20 minutes and it starts and runs long enough to get it home.  Bought a new fuel filter and addative. Adjusted ports to 2 turns out and it started an ran. I didn't take it anywhere because l didn't have time to be detained. But again seems to run.

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 10:34:28 AM »
I've got a shell headed my way shortly. It's an SX4 and I hope that I can trade metal enough to save the Kammy.
I guess first question is does anyone know a welder up this way? From other forums and such? I have a couple options I'm looking at locally but for me options are good.

Some what excited about this.. Hope I don't mess anything up on her.

As it gets started I will post pictures of the changes..

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 05:46:41 PM »
So Kammy got moved out of garage. I've got brake issues I'm going to have to address, first press of the brake is really spongy. The SX4 will be here May 15th, Will start stripping it shortly after. Picture will happen as I can..

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 04:37:36 PM »
Got the shell yesterday. SX4 with really good metal. A shame I'm going to cut it to pieces.. But metal from the doors forward is what I want to move to the Kammback. It also has a really nice black dash and A/C accessory tray.

Offline cyclops231

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 06:58:39 PM »
Aww.. man... hate to see an SX/4 get chopped. How bad is the Kammy? Pics?
BTW I still have some good sheet metal left from the Spirit Shell.

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 07:28:48 PM »
Aww.. man... hate to see an SX/4 get chopped. How bad is the Kammy? Pics?
BTW I still have some good sheet metal left from the Spirit Shell.
Kammy is bad but the SX4 has no title and the interior has been turned to rat bedding.Some where I have a photobucket link with photo's.  I'm at work posting this at the time.. I do have a rear black piece of trim with speaker grills that I don't need. Wish it would fit..

cali-carl kammback

Started by mojobean

Replies: 40
Views: 9479
Last post March 28, 2012, 10:29:29 PM
by shanebo
Kammback Restoration

Started by Eagle Kammback

Replies: 93
Views: 22909
Last post January 29, 2013, 04:46:18 PM
by series50