mail

Author Topic: Cruise control acting up  (Read 2138 times)

Offline mechanic80

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 87 Limited Wagon
Cruise control acting up
« on: September 10, 2012, 08:07:50 AM »
I think I've narrowed down my "uncontrolled acceleration" to the cruise control regulator, as I've replaced the servo and verified switch functions.  Can someone tell me where I'd actually find the darn thing?  The under-dash is a nightmare, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  :amc:
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone's  NOT out to get you! :amc:

Offline carnuck

• AMC Eagle Nest Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 55
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Cruise control acting up
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:39 AM »
mine was a yellow box duct taped to the steering column
FOR SALE
'87 Comanche 4.0L AW4/NP242 3.73 gears, lifted 5" on near new 33" tires $3500 obo
'82 Eagle Wagon (Brown Betty) 4.2L/727/NP229 and soon 8.25 rear axle and non-vacuum 3.08 front to match. 235/75/15 tires. It's down to minor body work (someone creamed my driver's door but I have another in good shape) almost rust free and interior work (seats are worn and carpet torn). $2000 but about to go up due to more work being done.

Pics of my other for sale stuff http://tinyurl.com/jimsclads

Offline profeagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 17
  • This is my new Eagle
Re: Cruise control acting up
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 12:11:33 PM »
I think I've narrowed down my "uncontrolled acceleration" to the cruise control regulator, as I've replaced the servo and verified switch functions.  Can someone tell me where I'd actually find the darn thing?  The under-dash is a nightmare, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  :amc:

Just looked for mine, it's sandwiched between the e- brake and the kickplate. Should be easy to find in that area.