mail

Author Topic: Need Paint Ideas for Bucket (Pimp My Ride) Poll  (Read 10346 times)

Offline NoCoEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Re: Need Paint Ideas for Bucket (Pimp My Ride) Poll
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 07:15:05 AM »
I just finished up painting the sides of my Eagle. Originally that dark maroonish color with woodgrain trim, it sat out in the sun with no care for too long and the woodgrain started to crack (thousands of little hairline cracks). I got the idea to shoot over the woodgrain with flat black paint, but the paint brought out the cracks that were nearly invisible beforehand (even after generous coats of high build filler primer). So, since that looked terrible, I shot Duplicolor bedliner over it and it looked AWESOME. Not too texture-y, a nice flat black, and hides most of the imperfections. Decided to take it a step further and line everything below the chrome trim on each side of the car (so woodgrain down). I'm thrilled with the results, especially compared to how it looked with the faded, cracked woodgrain. Looks great with the maroon on top.

I'll see if I can snap a photo this weekend sometime!

Offline BenM

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 66
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Need Paint Ideas for Bucket (Pimp My Ride) Poll
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »
This was my idea for a Pacer without A/C. The white gets a little dirty and marks up easily, if I redid it I would go with a silver-gray on top with the light blue or light blue on top and a dark blue on the bottom.

NSS#47184

1987 AMC Eagle Sedan -- 1976 Pacer Coupe -- 1968 Pontiac Tempest Custom S -- 1940 Mercury (& a 2002 Jetta Turbodiesel, 5 spd., the Wife's Daily Driver)

What colour to paint my SX/4's side mirrors, side window frames and trim

Started by priya

Replies: 8
Views: 2277
Last post February 20, 2011, 06:31:05 PM
by teneagle