My long term goals for SX4 rear window louvers:
1) Infrastructure in place to produce 20 louver kits in a single 10 hour day at a labor cost of $20 per hour. That translates to an average of 1/2 hour per kit or $10 of labor cost to each kit. Initially I will be happy if I can keep the labor average below 5 hours per kit ($100 of labor cost per kit.)
2) Secure flat rate shipping cost at or below $50 per assembled kit.
3) Reduce material cost at or below $100 per kit.. It currently costs between $120 and $150.
4) Maintain at least 5 prepared kits in stock for immediate shipping upon request. I will be producing them in serialized sets of 20. As I improve and change the design the serial number will help document and provide maintenance and repair support. I will charge a fraction of my rent in overhead to store the tooling, templates, and stock in my garage equal to the footprint of space utilized. I expect that cost to average $20 per kit.
5) An immediate goal is to reduce the individual kit price to $200. Realistically the first set I put up for sale will be more than that. I would eventually like the total installation cost to be below $200, which demands the production costs to sum to less than $150. By meeting these goals I'll get there eventually.
Currently Inspected and Insured as of Jan 2013:
-1985 Eagle Station Wagon 258 T5 Stickshift
-1980 Eagle Station Wagon 258 Auto Fuel-injected with GM TBI
Minor Repairs Underway:
-1982 Eagle SX4 258 T5
-1981 Kammback 2.5L Iron Duke T5
Restoration Efforts Near Completion:
-1982 SX4- 401 NV3550
-1983 SX4- 4.5 MPI NSG370 (6 Speed)
Restoration Efforts Underway:
-1985 SW- 4.0 MPI AX15
-1982 SX4- 4.0 AW4
-1981 SX4- SD33T NV4500 (Turbodiesel 5 speed)
Future Rescue Efforts- '85 Maroon SW, '87 Limited SW, '84 Limited SW, '87 4 door Sedan, '81 2 door Sedan, '88 White SW, '77 4 door Hornet, '74 2 door Hornet, '79 Spirit AMX, '81 Kammback.
RIP- Red '81 SX4, '84 4dr Sedan, '84 SW, '81 SW, '80 Spirit, '83 SW, '83 4dr Sedan